Sunday, October 15, 2006

'Even You' -- Me

Thank you
first for all the sweet memories
for that day when I stood looking at you
and you turned back
and smiled

for in that moment
everything faded away
nothing seemed to matter
and i realised how beautiful a feeling it is
to love someone so much
that you dont care
and every little thing which seemed so big fades away

I now know that I will not love you forever
though as far as I will
It will be true

I bury my love
and will continue to visit its grave
until one sunday it rains
and I am afraid to soil my shoes
and I stay home and read
because time can make everything trivial

even life
even love
even you

5 comments:

Sumanth said...

Awesome.. i love this poem..

Unknown said...

time does indeed make everything trivial... and in some cases, time just inflames a tiny spark into a roaring fire. Depends on what was thr to begin with.

A brilliant depiction of the way feelings fade wth time, specially when they aere not appreciated in the first place. Great work.

Mrunalini said...

nice one :)
the amount of feelings felt( the speed with which ur heart beats for that feeling ) is definitely inversely proportional to time elapsed, but its relationship with distance is quite debatable. Sometimes distances bring people together and sometimes the lesser the distance, more the indifference...guess, physics cant explain this randomness

Unknown said...

u r an amazing poet..............but only depressive poetry?

Blitzz said...

Replying to comments 3 years after they were made can't be a crime I guess.
Thanks for the appreciation.
@Moumita: its simple really.
When I am happy I like to be with people, have fun, do stuff.
When I am sad. I can't do any of that. So, I write.

sitemeter